Sunday, March 19, 2006

It drizzled sleet all weekend. Not strong enough to be snow, but too thick for rain, it's been a continual gray curtain for two days. If you could stay curled by the fire with a good book, it wouldn't seem so onerous, perhaps. But I had to accomplish some rearranging of rooms and organization of my office. DH rose admirably to the occasion, though I know he hates these sudden projects being sprung upon him. I started taking all the books off the shelves in my office. He asked, "What are you doing?" I told him I was planning on moving the bookshelves from my office to the front bedroom, recently vacated by my married daughter and her little family. I'm turning it into a library-guestroom-play-TigerWoods-golf-on-the-X-box room. Right now my office, the guest room and the front room are in disarray as I move things from one to the other. DH installed another desktop (a counter top piece) in my office to complete a U-shape around the room. It wasn't easy. We couldn't get a piece from the factory that had 45-degree angles on both ends, so he cut it himself. Took some sanding and finessing to get it right...not perfect joins, but very close. I can live with that. At least I have a lot of space on which to spread my scrapbook projects out...and I can leave them in partially finished states without disrupting the flow of the rest of the household. I've got the room about 70% sorted and organized and I've been working on it for four hours. But when it's done, I'll be able to share my scrapbooking / office space with Chrissy. As it is, only one of us can work in here at a time.

I even think I'll have room in the corner for the overstuffed chair I fantasize about, with a reading light and a window to gaze out. That will be a good day.

No comments: