Saturday, July 12, 2008

I had some good news yesterday from my doctor. My CA-125 counts (those little blood markers that tell them if the cancer is growing or receding) were down to 55. That's a phenomenal drop--last month they were at 153. Normal range is 20 - 35. We feel hopeful that the Gemcitabine is working it's chemo magic for now. I'm happy for every day the Lord sees fit to give me! I keep getting the weekly treatments (every Wednesday) and follow it up with two Nupegen shots spaced about two days apart. That seems to be a formula that keeps my white blood counts from bottoming out. My platelets and red blood cells are still low, which makes me feel tired, but it isn't impacting my life too negatively at this time. Still can do most everything I want--with plenty of nap and rest time factored in. The Nupegen gives me aches and pains as it kick starts my bone marrow...but gee whiz, who doesn't have aches and pains in their fifties? Yikes I can't belive that's staring me in the face...but happily so. I will turn 50 on August 14. Be prepared for the birthday bash of all time! I MADE IT TO 50! WHOOPEE!

3 comments:

Dinee said...

That is great news! We continue to pray for you and think of you often. You're an amazing woman and a wonderful example to all of us.

April Weeks said...

This IS great! I put your name in the temple every Weds. So you are being prayed over constantly and in every temple around the world . Pretty powerful. You are right about being fifty, I feel tired alot, I have aches and pains all over and I need naps and rest.. so there you go.... love ya to bits!

Elena Loo said...

I'm glad you update the blog with cancer news.. that seems to be the way we get it now... but that's not a horrible thing. I'm so glad the count is down! lets make it stay that way. And as always - you're amazing!! Love you!!