Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Everything's all right now, everything's fine...
So I have to apologize for scaring the neighbors last Friday night. Dave was cooking, dripped in the bottom of the oven, which set off the smoke alarm, which set off our fancy new alarm system, which dispatched the fire department, who came with lights and sirens blazing. My poor neighbors thought I had died or something and came running in bare feet (Thanks, Lynda, for being there for us...sorry to disturb your evening.) False alarm. All is well. The dinner was even good...it was just some splatters from squash in tinfoil. I told him to put in a pan to catch the drips. What do I know...

And the fun keeps coming. I've been having some new and disturbing symptoms since last Thursday: dizziness, shortness of breath, abdominal pain. When I reported it to my doctor yesterday, she got concerned and sent me in for a CT scan--she was worried about blood clots in my lungs. Fortunately, it didn't turn out to be that. Unfortunately, the CT scan showed new tumor growth right above my navel, about 1 inch in diameter. (I thought my belly button was getting an ever weirder shape than two major surgeries have given it.) She can't see how that tumor could be causing the symptoms, so I am tracking my food, water, activity, etc., to see if we can figure something out. Could be accumulating side-effects due to the chemo, could be the neupegen shots, could be the cancer. We just continue to wait and see. In the meantime, tap, tap, tap! My friends and I keep tap dancing and it's time to plant bulbs for next spring. (If I can bend over...)

No comments: